It’s December 6th, and that means only one thing as far as we’re concerned: the return of Sole DXB. This year, the three-day event focuses on contemporary Japanese design and will take place at Dubai’s design hub, d3. The three-day urban lifestyle festival includes a truly diverse roster of events, all celebrating street culture and its evolution. And you can bet your bottom dollar that every in-the-know cool kid residing in Dubai will be there – so the outfit pressure is really on.
Choosing the right look requires a bit of planning as you want to strike a balance between cool and comfortable, without looking like you tried. At all. The solution is simple: start with your most treasured pair of sneakers and dress from the bottom up. What happens from that point on can entail a fringed skirt, a floral slip dress, borrowed-from-the-boys trousers, or something with sparkles; it’s effortless once your choice of footwear has been established.
If you want to match your outfits to your itinerary, here’s the lowdown on exactly what to expect:
- The launch of Dukkan Careem, a clothing line by the region’s leading ride-hailing app. The collection is 100 percent locally made and will be sold for the first time at Sole DXB.
- A host of debut collections from home-grown labels, starting with millennial brands Precious Trust and Shabab, and an exclusive collaboration between Levi’s and Arwa Al Banawi.
- New launches from the likes of Kenzo, which will be unveiling a brand new collection, and Les Benjamins in collaboration with Bloomingdale’s.
- Dior Homme’s unmissable BMX bike, created in collaboration with Bogarde.
- Clothing customization that runs the gamut from Les Benjamins working with Nike to Tarsila Shubert and Dose adding their touch to boxing gloves at the Hautletic booth.
- Musical performances by internationally acclaimed artists Pusha T, Kano, GoldLink and Reebok ambassador, Teyana Taylor.
Browse through Savoir Flair’s gallery below for all the style inspiration you need. Now there’s only one decision left to make: will you be watching British hip-hop star Kano, American rapper Pusha T, or both?
Gigi and Bella Hadid