DSF is on and Dubai is as excited about a wardrobe update as ever. To
celebrate style and most importantly folk, mega popular style destination of the city, S*uce, put on a spectacular fashion show at Burj Plaza in Downtown bursting with color and fun.
The show, titled ‘For the Love of Folk’, paraded fresh new style ideas, all colors of the rainbow, and references to cultures from every corner of the globe. Artisanal techniques, embroidery, and regional motifs were featured heavily in the looks and the freshness was not only present in a style sense but the pretty sight of colorful fruits and vegetables as a cute set-up. The Burj Khalifa served as the perfect backdrop as well as the hues of the afternoon sky approaching dawn.
Discover what went into making the DSF x S*uce event, below.
1. Number of pom poms used to adorn the shoes and headpieces: 342
2. Number of flowers used for the plexi box installations: 375
3. The time the event started: 4:00 p.m.
4. Number of security guards at the event: 23
5. Number of stanchions used: 143
6. Number of tracks used in the playlist: 8
7. Number of models: 20
8. Number of items of clothing used from S*uce for the 19 looks: 83
9. Number of props used in the show: 8
10. Number of different types of vegetables used in the show: 8
11. Number of apples used in the show: 200
12. Number of countries the models are from: 7
13. Number of seconds the traffic was stopped to let the models cross the road: 27
14. Number of braids used for the models’ hair: 34
15. Number of kilos of parsley used: 6