The hallmarks of Middle Eastern design include rich spaces with luxurious furnishings and geometric accents, but how do you create a modern home that incorporates Middle Eastern elements while avoiding your space feeling too kitschy? For this, we asked Silsal Design House, the Dubai-based home accessories brand that features Islamic-inspired pieces that perfectly capture the beauty of Middle Eastern design with a contemporary twist.
Read on for five tips for incorporating Middle Eastern flair into your home, plus discover a selection of products to shop to get the look for yourself.
1. “When adding contemporary Middle Eastern flair to your home, it is essential to remember to choose captivating designs that represent self-expression; free-spirited originality is a hallmark of traditional Middle Eastern design.”
2. “Don’t be afraid to add bold, striking colors to your home to craft a traditional, artistic feel.”
3. “The use of historic Arabic calligraphy infused with simplistic Scandinavian designs can give your home an artistic Middle Eastern charm.”
4. “Give your home an eclectic edge with an Arabesque-inspired tea set that blurs the lines between tableware and art.”
5. “Geometric-patterned homeware and tableware can give your home a creative energy with a Middle Eastern elegance.”