Last night, Zoolander 2 premiered in New York City. The event, which brought out fashion VIPs alongside the stars of the film, including Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Penélope Cruz, and Will Ferrell, and models Gigi Hadid and Stella Maxwell, was without a doubt the fashion party to see and be seen at.
Although UAE residents will have to wait until February 25th to see the film, Savoir Flair is getting in the Zoolander spirit with a roundup of quotes from the famed film that work in our everyday Dubai realities.
1) “I don’t wanna hear your excuses! The building has to be at least… three times bigger than this!” – Derek Zoolander
Applicable when: Any developer begins work on a Dubai building.
2) “I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.” – Derek Zoolander
Applicable when: You’re at any VIP launch party in Dubai.
3) “Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.” – Derek Zoolander
Applicable when: It rains in Dubai and you’re frustrated by the road closings.
4) “I’m not an ambi-turner.” – Derek Zoolander
Applicable when: You’re in JLT and can’t make any left turns.
5) “It’s a walk-off!” – Billy Zane
Applicable when: You get to the Kite Beach exercise track.
6) “So hot right now.” – Mugatu
Applicable when: It’s 45°C in Dubai.
7) “Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking, ‘Wow, you’re ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career.’” – Derek Zoolander
Applicable when: You’re asking a Dubai blogger how she got into the industry.