If you’ve been scanning news about technology lately, you may feel like we’re slowly but surely entering the Jetsons era. Read on to discover five tech breakthroughs on Savoir Flair’s radar that will have you seeing straight into the future, from luggage that will follow you around like a puppy to robotic segways.
1. Meet Nadi, a pair of smart tights and your new personal yoga instructor. Developed by fashion-forward innovators Wearable Experiments, the pants guide yogis into a correct posture using gentle pulses.
2. Even more obedient than a four-legged friend, Hop, a hands-free suitcase design, is being dubbed as the next generation of suitcases. While still in the prototype stage, this bag follows you around by connecting to your mobile-phone signal.
3. Tracking your food intake is easier than ever thanks to this smart gadget that scans the chemical makeup of food or drinks. Based on your body’s dietary conditions, Dietsensor analyzes whether or not it’s something you should consume.
4. A hoverboard and a personal assistant all in one? The Segway Advanced Personal Robot is a regular hoverboard when riding on its two wheels, but step off and it quickly transforms into a robot butler.
5. Netatmo’s new motion-detector system, Presence, can detect people, animals, or cars in real time, day or night. Control the security of your home with the tip of your finger using the app that sends precise and instant alerts.