If dining under a blanket of stars and exploring an oasis of exotic native wildlife sounds tempting to you, read on.
With the Dubai temperatures dropping, there’s no better time to explore the rolling sand dunes of the Emirates. Dubai-based Platinum Heritage’s ‘Dinner Safari’ prides itself on being the most luxurious safari in the region. Here, Savoir Flair counts down six highlights that make this an experience worth splurging on.
1. You will start your safari by hopping aboard a luxurious Mercedes G-Wagon, which will transport you to a secluded area nestled within the grounds of the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve.
2. An expert handler will perform a special falconry demonstration.
3. As the sun sets over the Arabian desert, you’ll be served a refreshing sparkling date juice and decadent canapés, including tea-smoked lamb with sweet potato salsa and fennel or blackened salmon with kale slaw.
4. Next, you’ll embark on a camel ride that takes you across the dunes to your private oasis.
5. A delectable six-course meal featuring authentic Emirati cuisine will be served in a private majlis on a table made of antique Arabic wood with your choice of freshly grilled salmon, Australian Angus ribeye steak, or king prawns. You’ll dine around a peaceful hearth, on silk carpets and plush cushions.
6. Cultural traditions will mark the end of the evening, from henna painting to aromatic shisha and a mesmerizing performance by skilled Arabian belly dancers.
Platinum Heritage Dinner Safari, AED 1,500/SAR 1,531 per guest.