Savoir Flair is always looking for talented creatives and business people to join our entrepreneurial environment. We have a highly coveted company culture where our ambitious employees thrive and learn every day. If you’re goal-driven and looking for a workplace that sets the benchmark for innovation in digital, you’re in the right place.
Head of Technology
Savoir Flair, the Middle East’s first and leading online fashion magazine, is looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic Head of Technology. Our website is the definitive destination for inspirational and influential luxury content, and one of the most trusted names in digital with advertising partners such as OMD, Havas Digital, Starcom, LVMH Group, Chanel, Cartier, and other luxury brands.
Savoir Flair prides itself on digital innovation and strives to stay relevant to users by being actively informed by trends and research across web development, mobile, site UI and UX, design, popular culture, analytics, SEO, and competitive analysis.
We are looking for a self-starter with a proven track record in building visually exciting, technically sound, and cutting-edge websites, apps, and other related mobile technologies. The right candidate is a passionate and motivated creative thinker and strategist with at least five years of relevant experience as well as senior-level management skills. The Head of Technology will join a close-knit, creative office environment and have tremendous potential for professional growth. This role will report to the Head of Sales.
– Continuing to build and improve on the website as well as Savoir Flair’s custom CMS, mobile site, widgets, and app
– Building front-end and back-end technologies for the web, mobile, and apps
– Web maintenance and server maintenance
Liaising with the design team, commercial team, and ad-serving team on a day-to-day basis to continually be reactive to the needs of the company
– Executive-level decisions on the strategic needs of the site and business alongside the Head of Sales and Head of Content
– Ensuring quality and consistency of our web and mobile offerings at all times
– Bug fixing
– Mentoring other team members who fall under your reporting line
– Leading any developments and relevant teams in architectural discussions and strategies
– Constantly looking for ways to innovate on the site and related platforms and make the site more creative, efficient, relevant, competitive, and cutting-edge
– Key problem-solving and analytical skills
– Strong understanding of the business and creative needs of an online publisher
Managing the process of innovative change along with the Head of Sales
– Suggesting areas for improvement in internal processes, along with possible solutions
The ideal candidate will be degree-educated and have at five years of web development and management experience. Strong time management and planning skills. He/she must possess a strong technical background and be able to develop large, creative, and strategic projects autonomously. Track record in launching new media projects is preferred.
Should demonstrate expertise in software development processes including (but not limited to) – coding conventions, version control, project staging, and production delivery.
The position requires daily work on Savoir Flair’s site and infrastructure, possibly with time constraints. It’s necessary to be able to work with the following technologies:
– AWS Administration, with a good knowledge of EC2, RDS, and CloudFront
– Excellent knowledge of PHP
– Excellent knowledge of WordPress, including template design and plugin coding
– Experience in Linux (UBUNTU ) system administration
– Experience in administering Apache/NGINX/Varnish/HHVM/APC
– Good knowledge of SQL (MySQL )
– Third-party integration, specifically Facebook Pixel, Analytics, Tag Manager
HTML, CSS, SCSS, JS, JQUERY
– Working knowledge of Node.JS, Composer, and GULP
– Page Speed optimization
Savoir Flair is based on an extensive WordPress template, with customizations ranging from page routing to direct database access and data caching. A multi-year experience in large-scale PHP websites is necessary for the role.
Applicants must be highly motivated, detail-oriented and organized, with strong written and verbal communication skills. Applicants must be able to multitask and work under pressure on their own initiative to meet deadlines.
Competitive salary plus benefits.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line: Applying for Head of Technology Position. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.
Arabic Features Writer
Savoir Flair, the Middle East’s first and leading online fashion magazine, is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic Arabic Features Writer for its world-class Savoir Flair Al Arabiya editorial team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conceiving and producing fresh, timely, and exclusive content for the website and across the brand.
• Meeting and exceeding aggressive KPIs to grow traffic, increase page views/time on site, plus engagement for the fashion category.
• Writing articles and features, preparing interview questions, and writing captions and meta titles for social and SEO channels.
• Following the creative influence and direction that the editorial department will pursue during a given month or season.
• Requesting, pulling, and returning samples for use in photoshoots.
• Securing exclusive content or interviews through PR contacts, celebrity agents, and celebrity publicists.
• Extensive daily research of images, news, and online retailers for use in website content.
• Regularly pitching new concepts, story ideas, or fresh features for the editorial calendar.
• Working with, providing support, and receiving support from other members of the editorial team to produce compelling content that is consistent with the look and feel of the website, plus editorial strategies and guidelines.
• Maintaining the publishing flow to ensure that deadlines are being met.
Applicants must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized, with excellent Arabic skills, a love and feel for Arabic language, and the ability to maintain high-quality work and provide flawless, sparkling copy while meeting tight deadlines. Organizational skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills, are a must. The perfect candidate would have a meticulous approach to their work, an eye for detail, as well as strong knowledge of the fashion, beauty, and entertainment industries in order to maintain Savoir Flair’s position as an industry leader and pioneer.
Digital experience is a bonus, and a willingness to learn digital publishing trends and adapt and evolve to a rapidly changing media landscape is a must.
Styling experience and strong existing industry relationships are preferred.
Competitive salary plus benefits.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Applying for Arabic Features Writer Position. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.