Savoir Flair is always looking for talented creatives and business people to join our entrepreneurial environment. We have a highly coveted company culture where our ambitious employees thrive and learn every day. If you’re goal-driven and looking for a workplace that sets the benchmark for innovation in digital, you’re in the right place.
Fashion and Beauty Writer
Savoir Flair, the Middle East’s first and leading online fashion magazine, is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic Fashion & Beauty Writer for its world-class editorial team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conceiving and producing fresh, timely, and exclusive content for the website and across the brand.
• Meeting and exceeding aggressive KPIs to grow traffic, increase page views/time on site, plus engagement for the fashion category.
• Writing articles and features, preparing interview questions, and writing captions and meta titles for social and SEO channels.
• Following the creative influence and direction that the editorial department will pursue during a given month or season.
• Requesting, pulling, and returning samples for use in photoshoots.
• Securing exclusive content or interviews through PR contacts, celebrity agents, and celebrity publicists.
• Extensive daily research of images, news, and online retailers for use in website content.
• Regularly pitching new concepts, story ideas, or fresh features for the editorial calendar.
• Working with, providing support, and receiving support from other members of the editorial team to produce compelling content that is consistent with the look and feel of the website, plus editorial strategies and guidelines.
• Maintaining the publishing flow to ensure that deadlines are being met.
Applicants must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized, with a love and feel for language and the ability to maintain high-quality work and provide flawless, sparkling copy while meeting tight deadlines. Organizational skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills, are a must. The perfect candidate would have a meticulous approach to their work, an eye for detail, as well as strong knowledge of the fashion, beauty, and entertainment industries in order to maintain Savoir Flair’s position as an industry leader and pioneer.
Digital experience is a bonus, and a willingness to learn digital publishing trends and adapt and evolve to a rapidly changing media landscape is a must.
Styling experience and strong existing industry relationships are preferred.
Competitive salary plus benefits.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line: Applying for Fashion and Beauty Writer Position.
Head of Technology
Savoir Flair, the Middle East’s first and leading online fashion magazine, is looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic Head of Technology. Our website is the definitive destination for inspirational and influential luxury content, and one of the most trusted names in digital with advertising partners such as OMD, Havas Digital, Starcom, LVMH Group, Chanel, Cartier, and other luxury brands.
Savoir Flair prides itself on digital innovation and strives to stay relevant to users by being actively informed by trends and research across web development, mobile, site UI and UX, design, popular culture, analytics, SEO, and competitive analysis.
We are looking for a self-starter with a proven track record in building visually exciting, technically sound, and cutting-edge websites, apps, and other related mobile technologies. The right candidate is a passionate and motivated creative thinker and strategist with at least five years of relevant experience as well as senior-level management skills. The Head of Technology will join a close-knit, creative office environment and have tremendous potential for professional growth. This role will report to the Head of Sales.
– Continuing to build and improve on the website as well as Savoir Flair’s custom CMS, mobile site, widgets, and app
– Building front-end and back-end technologies for the web, mobile, and apps
– Web maintenance and server maintenance
Liaising with the design team, commercial team, and ad-serving team on a day-to-day basis to continually be reactive to the needs of the company
– Executive-level decisions on the strategic needs of the site and business alongside the Head of Sales and Head of Content
– Ensuring quality and consistency of our web and mobile offerings at all times
– Bug fixing
– Mentoring other team members who fall under your reporting line
– Leading any developments and relevant teams in architectural discussions and strategies
– Constantly looking for ways to innovate on the site and related platforms and make the site more creative, efficient, relevant, competitive, and cutting-edge
– Key problem-solving and analytical skills
– Strong understanding of the business and creative needs of an online publisher
Managing the process of innovative change along with the Head of Sales
– Suggesting areas for improvement in internal processes, along with possible solutions
The ideal candidate will be degree-educated and have at five years of web development and management experience. Strong time management and planning skills. He/she must possess a strong technical background and be able to develop large, creative, and strategic projects autonomously. Track record in launching new media projects is preferred.
Should demonstrate expertise in software development processes including (but not limited to) – coding conventions, version control, project staging, and production delivery.
The position requires daily work on Savoir Flair’s site and infrastructure, possibly with time constraints. It’s necessary to be able to work with the following technologies:
– AWS Administration, with a good knowledge of EC2, RDS, and CloudFront
– Excellent knowledge of PHP
– Excellent knowledge of WordPress, including template design and plugin coding
– Experience in Linux (UBUNTU ) system administration
– Experience in administering Apache/NGINX/Varnish/HHVM/APC
– Good knowledge of SQL (MySQL )
– Third-party integration, specifically Facebook Pixel, Analytics, Tag Manager
HTML, CSS, SCSS, JS, JQUERY
– Working knowledge of Node.JS, Composer, and GULP
– Page Speed optimization
Savoir Flair is based on an extensive WordPress template, with customizations ranging from page routing to direct database access and data caching. A multi-year experience in large-scale PHP websites is necessary for the role.
Applicants must be highly motivated, detail-oriented and organized, with strong written and verbal communication skills. Applicants must be able to multitask and work under pressure on their own initiative to meet deadlines.
Competitive salary plus benefits.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Applying for Head of Technology Position.
Halo Media is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic Production Executive, reporting to our Head of Production. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as a key role for pre-production, production, and post-production of content across all Halo Media divisions.
- Working closely with the Head of Production and Head of Content on conceptualizing and brainstorming according to detailed client briefs.
- Helping to ideate creative, strategic brand solutions for all Halo Media clients.
- Liaising with commercial department on incoming client briefs and RFPs.
- Overseeing the production process; drawing up a production schedule.
- Ensuring that all production meets strict time and budget allocations.
- Estimating costs and setting quality standards for production across the brand.
- Arranging pre-production for all projects and securing talent, models, equipment, locations, etc. for all production.
- Identifying strong local and global suppliers and maintaining excellent relationships with talent across the board.
- Negotiating costs with suppliers, as well as negotiating barter deals as and when applicable.
- Developing strong, creative storyboards, mood boards, and scripts for production.
- Hiring photo/video production crew, as well as models, influencers, actors, makeup artists, fashion stylists, prop stylists, etc.
- Ensuring all production complies with health and safety regulations, as well as copyright laws.
- Obtaining permits, necessary approvals, and risk assessment reports.
- Attending all production on set and helping to oversee and support as and when needed.
Applicants must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized, with a love and feel for content creation and the ability produce exceptional, industry-leading work. Organizational skills, along with strong visual skills, are a must. The perfect candidate would have a meticulous approach to their work, a creative eye, as well as a strong strategic understanding of client briefs in order to maintain Savoir Flair’s position as an industry leader and pioneer.
Production experience is necessary, and digital experience is a bonus. A willingness to adapt and evolve to a rapidly changing media landscape is a must.
To apply, please send your résumé as well as a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: APPLYING FOR PRODUCTION EXECUTIVE POSITION. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.
Social Media Manager
Savoir Flair is looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic Social Media Manager to work across its English and Arabic social media channels.
Candidate will be responsible for conceiving and implementing Savoir Flair’s social media strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic to our websites, and encouraging engagement conversion for branded partnerships. This role coordinates with the internal business, editorial, and management teams to support their activities, ensuring consistency in voice and growing and cultivating a community loyal to the Savoir Flair brand.
Candidates must be highly flexible and adaptable, with the kind of resourceful, can-do attitude that is required in a fast-paced publishing environment. Excellent command of the English language is a must and fluency in Arabic is a plus. Prior experience as a social media manager for a lifestyle or fashion brand is essential.
This role requires a creative and brand-centric focus on developing relevant, timely content across platforms – including writing, photography, visual acumen, knowledge of industry trends, influencers, and pop culture. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing company, working with some of the leading fashion and luxury brands from around the world.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic for Savoir Flair as it relates to the overall business team and marketing performance goals.
- Implementing the social media strategy in conjunction with business and editorial plans and initiatives; coordinating to ensure the effectiveness and adoption of relevant social media techniques into the culture and the company’s products and services.
- Managing all social media platforms and day-to-day content and communications on each channel, including planning, scheduling, and management of social content editorial calendar.
- Planning, coordinating, and overseeing the production of original social content (photo shoots/video shoots); supporting in the creative direction of shoots and working closely with the company’s Head of Production to create visually impactful and resonant images for each channel.
- Translating Savoir Flair’s English and Arabic website content into powerful social content to drive traffic to stories on the site, as well as conceiving and producing original and relevant on-brand social content.
- Identifying popular/timely hashtags and accounts to best leverage in-bound links; creating and managing key social programs that propel social exchange messages between Savoir Flair and key influencers from the region.
- Managing brand’s presence and voice within the online communities, and offering strategic insights/KPIs to Savoir Flair’s business team.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and performance of all of Savoir Flair’s social media channels.
- Monitoring and analyzing monthly performance metrics to measure effectiveness and impact of social media programs and initiatives.
- Regularly feeding insights gained from social media monitoring and competitive reviews to the Savoir Flair business and editorial teams in order to help evolve strategies.
- Monitoring trends, applications, and tools to make recommendations on best practices, products, and services that Savoir Flair should be employing.
- Responsible for attending all photoshoots and company events, as necessary, to curate and develop meaningful content to connect Savoir Flair to our social communities.
- Participating and helping guide marketing and content strategies for business planning.
- Other projects as assigned.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years experience overseeing and developing content and social for a lifestyle or fashion brand.
- Knowledge and previous work at a digital publisher is a plus.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how they contribute to the brand in the marketing, content, and business mix.
- Knowledge of online communities, bloggers, and influencers.
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate trends, opportunities, analytics, and information in written and verbal format to build and maintain relationships.
- Team player, must be able to take initiative and guide programs and work in a collaborative environment with multiple departments.
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects independently.
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence decisions.
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms to track social performance.
- Experience with curating and creating quality social media content related to lifestyle and fashion brands with proven results.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously.
- Ability behave with a good sense of decorum; acting as a brand ambassador for the company.
- Creative thinker who is simultaneously data- and metrics-oriented.
- Proficiency in using the business services of Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, Google Analytics, WordPress, bit.ly, Google+, and more.
This is a full-time salaried position based in Dubai. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send three examples of social media projects you have handled, as well as a cover letter and your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: APPLYING FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER POSITION. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.