“You gotta act cool, calm, and collected around your eyeliner; it can sense your fear.” Or so went the Instagram meme. We may admire Elizabeth Taylor’s classic flawless flick or, more recently, Cara Delevingne’s carefree cat eye, but truth be told applying eyeliner can be a daunting task, even for the most seasoned of makeup users.
Here, we bring you all the rules of perfect eye definition, from how to draw a simple straight line to how to use your liner to change your eye shape.
1. A smoky black style can be used to make smaller eyes look bigger, and an extravagant wing can give eyes an elongated almond shape. When it comes to eyeliner, the possibilities are endless. Follow these ten commandments and you’ll be on your way to a flawless gaze in no time.
2. Whether you’re looking for an elegant daytime look or a glamorous party style, few things are more flattering than a perfectly drawn cat eye. It’s definitely a look that’s never out of the spotlight. Get inspired by these nine celebrities that showcase the trend perfectly.
3. Humid weather and eyeliner are not the best of friends. Use this handy tip to stop your eye makeup from migrating.
4. As a kid, Connect the Dots was a great way to kill time on long journeys, but did you know it could also help you get flawless eyeliner?
5. Audrey Hepburn was one of Hollywood’s most iconic cat-eye inspirations. Here’s how to recreate her timeless look.