Caudalie has long been a skincare favorite around the world, and this year – much to the joy of our regional beauty lovers – it finally made its Middle Eastern debut. Since launching in 1995, the French super-brand has been recognized for its innovative formulations, which are based on the transformative powers of polyphenols, the powerful, age-defying antioxidants found in grapes. According to the brand’s research, they’re also proven to be 10,000 times more powerful than vitamin E when it comes to protecting the skin.
The founding duo, Mathilde and Bertrand Thomas, are pioneers in the world of green beauty, having formulated products that are free from parabens, phthalates, mineral oils, sulfates, animal-based ingredients, and artificial coloring. Taking its philanthropic efforts even further, the brand also donates one percent of its annual world sales to non-profit organizations that work to protect the environment. However, it is the products’ reputation as targeted problem solvers that have added to the brand’s credibility and overwhelming popularity.
Here, Caudalie’s resident expert, Olivier Paris, shares his top ten tips on maintaining a perfect complexion all year round.
1. Cleansing your skin every single day is the first essential step to perfect skin. Be sure to adapt your products to your specific skin type. For dry skin use a gentle milk followed by an alcohol-free toner, such as the Moisturizing Toner or Grape Water. Oily complexions can benefit from using a face wash to freshen the skin. Try the Instant Foaming Cleanser followed by the Beauty Elixir. Sensitive skins require the most care to avoid redness and inflammation. Try a gentle cleansing water followed by our unique Grape Water.
2. For a radiant complexion, it’s crucial to rid your skin of all the dead skin cells that hinder its natural luminosity. Regular exfoliation, or micro-relief, leads to smoother skin that reflects the light more easily. Deeply exfoliate once or twice a week with a dedicated face scrub or buffing cream for best results.
3. To replenish and nourish the new skin, every exfoliation should be followed by a mask. The Moisturizing Cream Mask works wonders for dehydrated and sensitive skin, and you don’t even need to remove it as it doubles up as a rich night cream. If you have oily or combination skin, opt for a purifying mask with natural clays to cleanse the pores. If you’re in a hurry, the Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Mask is a two-in-one product that not only exfoliates, but also boosts radiance in just ten minutes.
4. It’s essential to protect the skin from the sun to avoid cell damage and the premature appearance of lines and age spots. Oxidation, which is caused by sun exposure, is responsible for the appearance of four out of five wrinkles. Soleil Divin Anti-Aging Suncare SPF 50 combines UVA and UVB filers with grape seeds and polyphenols to provide a powerful antioxidant boost.
5. For a great way of protecting your skin from dark spots as well as treating any hyperpigmentation you may already have, add a few drops of radiance-boosting serum to your sun protection.
6. Radiance is key to a seemingly flawless complexion. Apply a radiance-perfecting serum and cream that contain gentle exfoliating enzymes to remove dead cells on a daily basis. Try the Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid SPF 15.
7. Skin regenerates twice as fast at night. Up your skincare routine with a boost of active ingredients such as glycolic acid, the star factor used by dermatologists for peels. Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream supercharges cell regeneration while you sleep for baby-soft skin in the morning.
8. A clear eye contour will make you look fresher and brighter. Premier Cru targets puffiness, wrinkles, dark circles, and loss of firmness, as well as immediately brightening the area thanks to soft-focus pearlizers.
9. Well-hydrated skin is healthy skin. Choose a moisturizer that will replenish, soothe, and intensely hydrate from deep within. The Vinosource serum contains organic grape water and can be used morning and night as a one-month treatment for a plumping effect.
10. Some serums work brilliantly as priming makeup bases. They not only hydrate and have anti-aging benefits, but many of them smooth the surface of the skin and minimize pores, making them the ideal base for foundation. The Beauty Elixir is a cherished secret of many makeup artists, as it contains a refreshing cocktail of benzoin, myrrh, rosemary, lemon balm, organic balm mint, rose extract, orange flower water, and moisturizing grape pulp extract.
Caudalie products are available at all leading pharmacies.