The world’s most famous supermodel, Gisele Bündchen, turns the big 4-0 today. Can you even believe it? True to her giving nature, she announced in an Instagram post that in lieu of a big party, she will be planting 40,000 trees instead. “I feel that this is the best way I know to give back to Mother Earth”, her caption read.
The milestone birthday marks another year of the world being in awe with Gisele’s beautiful spirit. From her philanthropic ways to her constant lessons on self-care, she knows how to take care of the earth — and herself, inside and out. After a good old-fashioned Insta-stalk, we’ve uncovered a few of her wellness tricks — which include a whole host of holistic rituals to nourish her mind and soul as well her body. Read on for insights as revealed by her Instagram account.
Bündchen makes it no secret that her mornings begin with a seriously fresh start – she captioned this pic, “Warm water and lemon, 1st thing in the morning… #squeezewholelemon #boostimunesystem #balancesph #aidsdigestion.” Reaching for a mug of warm water with lemon is one of the best things to do first thing as it not only flushes out toxins and alkalizes the body, but it also provides you with a hit of vitamin C, boosts the immune system, and kickstarts your digestive system. When life gives you lemons, squeeze one into your mug and drink up.
An all-over body blitz, boxing works your cardiovascular and endurance systems, increases strength and stamina, trains your upper and lower body, challenges your core, burns fat, blasts calories, and improves balance and coordination. It also leaves you feeling sore and sweaty – the good kind – in addition to releasing stress and anxiety due to the endorphin boost. All things considered, it’s hardly surprising that it’s one of the most popular ways for supermodels and celebrities to stay in shape, Bündchen included.
A supermodel with a green juice in hand is hardly a surprising sight these days, but there’s a reason why they turn to these cold-pressed beverages; their beautifying and detoxifying powers are seemingly endless. The perfect way to up your vitamin and mineral intake, juices not only taste good but also do good.
They can help increase mental stamina, boost your immune system, and improve digestion. Get creative by mixing and matching your favorite vegetables, fruits, and superfood powders to make your own. Alternatively, click here to discover Dubai’s best juice companies to give you a helping hand.
On top of her boxing sessions, Bündchen is also a huge advocate of yoga. Not only is it amazing for stretching and lengthening muscles, but yoga also provides some key “me time” that so many of us lack in our day-to-day lives. It’s incredibly important to make time for yourself and reconnect your mind and body as it will strengthen you both mentally and physically. Check out the best yoga studios in Dubai, here.
Bündchen is often photographed sipping on coconut water. Naturally fat-free, low in calories, and subtly sweet in taste, we like to think of it as nature’s Gatorade. Rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and electrolytes, it’s the perfect post-gym drink to rehydrate from the inside out and replenish all the essential salts that you’ve lost during your workout.
Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too, so long as you pick it wisely. Even supermodels indulge in cheat meals and sweet treats, but Bündchen manages to keep things healthy as far as her sugar cravings are concerned. Opting for raw, vegan desserts instead of sugar-laden processed foods, the model sticks to the natural stuff to ensure her digestive system can process them quickly and efficiently.
In fact, Bündchen and her husband, American footballer Tom Brady, have made no secret of their strict eating habits. In fact, their private chef, Allen Campbell, revealed, “80 percent of what they eat is vegetables. [I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon.” The couple favors raw dishes, such as raw lasagna.
Experts believe that eating raw helps with everything from weight management and increased energy levels to preventing headaches, high blood pressure, and the development of diabetes and several chronic diseases because the beneficial ingredients in foods aren’t damaged in the cooking process. So, the next time you’re searching for your chocolate fix or craving a slice of cake, reach for something raw.