Fashion blogger Negin Mirsalehi is always jetsetting around the world, exploring cool and exciting cities whilst wearing the latest trends. But no matter where she looked, she couldn’t find anything that made her hair look and feel beautiful from the inside out. So what did she do? She decided to create her very own hair-care line, Gisou, which will be available exclusively online and in stores at S*uce from Tuesday, November 15th. In fact, you can meet Mirsalehi and celebrate the official launch by visiting S*uce at The Dubai Mall from 7 p.m. on Tuesday!
Speaking to Savoir Flair, Mirsalehi reveals her inspiration for the product’s creation and shares her top tips on how to use it, guaranteeing luscious locks – wherever you are in the world.
What inspired you to create your own hair products?
I’ve always felt good when my hair looks good. It’s the most important step in my beauty routine. Recently, I launched my own product line, Gisou, and the first product released was the ‘Honey Infused Hair Oil’. This product is based on our family recipe, and the formula was developed by my mom years ago. It actually contains honey from my dad’s bee garden!
I’ve always felt good when my hair looks good. It’s the most important step in my beauty routine.
The creation of this product really was a labor of love by your family. How were your parents instrumental in the process?
I see my mom and dad as experts in their field. My dad is a renowned beekeeper and really knows what he’s talking about, and honey is a signature ingredient in my life. To stay healthy, the first thing I do in the morning is drink one glass of water and eat one teaspoon of honey, which is something my father always recommended. My mom invented the recipe as she wanted to create a product that didn’t contain parabens and sulfates.
When do you recommend using the hair oil?
I use it on a daily basis as it’s a multi-purpose product. I use it after I’ve washed my hair, after I’ve styled it, or as a finishing product. I also use it once a week in my hair as a mask to strengthen it. I usually apply the oil to the mid-lengths and really focus on the ends. The key is to remember that a little goes a long way! I recommend that you choose a treatment, experiment, and discover which one works best for your type of hair.
5 Things Negin Misralehi Wants You to Know About Her Hair Oil
- The key ingredient of Gisou is honey from the Mirsalehi bee garden. My family members have been beekeepers for more than five generations, and I’m a beekeeper myself! Apiculture takes a lot of love and devotion, so Gisou bares the fruit of all this attention.
- Our honey contains loads of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, flavonoids, and antioxidants, so it’s incredibly healthy and nourishing for hair, making it particularly efficient in fighting breakage and stimulating growth.
- Gisou is a multi-purpose product that can be used by mixing it into your hair mask, as an overnight treatment, for pre-styling and finishing your hair, or as an everyday conditioner. It adds an extra healthy, shiny touch to hair whenever you need it. It contains emollients, which are particles that make the capillary fiber softer. Your hair is thus healthier and easier to style.
- My hair oil does not contain sulfates and parabens, and is loaded with beneficial natural ingredients like honey, almond oil, and coconut oil instead. It contains a humectant element that acts as a natural sponge to lock in moisture, giving hair a gorgeous shine.
- You only need a few drops of the oil for every treatment, so one bottle lasts – on average – for a whole year!