Savoir Flair, the Middle East’s first and leading online fashion magazine, is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic Beauty Editor for its growing editorial team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceiving and producing fresh, timely, and exclusive content for the website and across the brand.
- Writing articles and features, preparing interview questions, and editing/writing captions, sub copy, and cover copy for slideshows and features.
- Providing the creative influence and direction that the editorial department will pursue during a given month or season.
- Producing entire story concepts and overseeing the coordination of any creative content such as photoshoots or video tutorials.
- Requesting and reviewing samples for use in editorial features.
- Securing exclusive content or interviews through PR contacts, celebrity agents, and celebrity publicists.
- Extensive daily research of breaking news/trending items for publishing on the respective category.
- Regularly pitching new concepts, story ideas, or fresh features for the editorial calendar.
- Working with, providing support, and receiving support from other members of the editorial team to produce compelling content that is consistent with the look and feel of the website.
- Liaising with the design team to oversee artwork and creatively direct own content.
- Maintaining the publishing flow to ensure that strict deadlines are being met.
- Regularly monitoring analytics to record content performance and improve impressions on site.
Applicants must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized, with a love and feel for language and the ability to maintain high-quality work and provide flawless, sparkling copy while meeting tight deadlines. Organizational skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills, are a must.
The perfect candidate would have a meticulous approach to their work, an eye for detail, as well as strong knowledge of the beauty industry in order to maintain Savoir Flair’s position as an industry pioneer and leader.
Experience in digital and familiarity with SEO practices, navigating Google Analytics, and writing for an online environment are essential.
This position reports directly to the Managing Editor.
Only applicants living in the United Arab Emirates will be considered.
To apply, please e-mail your recent portfolio, CV, and photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org.