Savoir Flair is always looking for talented creatives and business people to join our entrepreneurial environment. We have a highly coveted company culture where our ambitious employees thrive and learn every day. If you’re goal-driven and looking for a workplace that sets the benchmark for innovation in digital, you’re in the right place.
Business Development Manager
Savoir Flair is looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic, results-driven Business Development Manager responsible for selling advertising solutions across its English-language, market-leading online publication, as well as its new Arabic title, Styly.com.
Candidates must be highly flexible and adaptable, with the kind of resourceful, can-do attitude that is required in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a proven sales track record who has a strong understanding of digital media and who is up-to-date with the latest developments of the industry.
The successful candidate will be part of a cutting-edge company, joining a growing business team in a role that has enormous potential for career development.
- The creative sale of digital solutions to agencies and direct clients.
- Developing the sales organization, pricing strategy, and implementation that best leverage Savoir Flair assets.
- Identifying potential clients and approaching them with structured and researched proposals.
- Identifying new market and new product opportunities.
- Achieving and exceeding aggressive monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Successfully managing all aspects of the selling process required to grow market share; communicating the vision and executing the sales plan flawlessly.
- Accurately forecasting sales revenues on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Reporting sales activities and forecasts to the Publisher on a regular basis.
- Planning, preparing, and executing high-impact meetings to senior decision makers in advertising, marketing, and PR.
- Building and leveraging senior-level client relationships to create strong, deep advertising partnerships.
- Reviewing and monitoring competitive publications to identify new leads to ensure that sales opportunities are developed and maximized.
- Supporting Publisher and Head of Business on annual/quarterly planning, strategy setting, and major sponsorship pitches.
- Acting as the primary contact for existing and new clients, providing an excellent level of client servicing that will ensure unparalleled client satisfaction and to ensure a maximum of booking renewals.
- Creating and managing client booking orders and invoices; creating performance reports for clients and internal use.
- Working closely with the company’s Ad Ops Specialist to ensure that campaigns are optimized and fulfilled accordingly.
- Working closely with the company’s Head of Technology to review best practices in ad serving and selling in order to create industry benchmarks and maintain Savoir Flair’s position as a leader and pioneer in digital publishing.
- Working closely with the company’s Integrated Marketing Manager, who conceptualizes and oversees all branded and sponsored content.
Applicants must be highly motivated, detail-oriented and organized, with strong written, verbal, and analytical skills. Excellent telephone manner and professional face-to-face presentation skills are a must. Applicants must be able to multitask and work under pressure on their own initiative to meet aggressive sales targets and strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be degree-educated and have at least one or two years of sales experience, preferably in digital media. He/she will have local experience as well as established relationships with media agencies and marketing managers in the UAE, with strong time management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills. He/she must possess a strong sales background and be able to develop large, creative, strategic, and integrated advertising programs that exceed client objectives. Track record in launching new media projects is preferred. Competitive salary plus commission and benefits.
This position will be reporting directly to the Head of Business Development & Operations.
This is a full-time salaried position based in Dubai. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your résumé as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: APPLYING FOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER POSITION. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.
Social Media Manager
Savoir Flair is looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic Social Media Manager to work across its English and Arabic social media channels.
Candidate will be responsible for conceiving and implementing Savoir Flair and Styly.com’s social media strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic to our websites, and encouraging engagement conversion for branded partnerships. This role coordinates with the internal business, editorial, and management teams to support their activities, ensuring consistency in voice and growing and cultivating a community loyal to the Savoir Flair brand.
Candidates must be highly flexible and adaptable, with the kind of resourceful, can-do attitude that is required in a fast-paced publishing environment. Excellent command of the English language is a must and fluency in Arabic is a plus. Prior experience as a social media manager for a lifestyle or fashion brand is essential.
This role requires a creative and brand-centric focus on developing relevant, timely content across platforms – including writing, photography, visual acumen, knowledge of industry trends, influencers, and pop culture. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing company, working with some of the leading fashion and luxury brands from around the world.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic for Savoir Flair as it relates to the overall business team and marketing performance goals.
- Implementing the social media strategy in conjunction with business and editorial plans and initiatives; coordinating to ensure the effectiveness and adoption of relevant social media techniques into the culture and the company’s products and services.
- Managing all social media platforms and day-to-day content and communications on each channel, including planning, scheduling, and management of social content editorial calendar.
- Planning, coordinating, and overseeing the production of original social content (photo shoots/video shoots); supporting in the creative direction of shoots and working closely with the company’s Photo Editor to create visually impactful and resonant images for each channel.
- Translating Savoir Flair and Styly.com’s English and Arabic website content into powerful social content to drive traffic to stories on the site, as well as conceiving and producing original and relevant on-brand social content.
- Identifying popular/timely hashtags and accounts to best leverage in-bound links; creating and managing key social programs that propel social exchange messages between Savoir Flair and key influencers from the region.
- Managing brand’s presence and voice within the online communities, and offering strategic insights/KPIs to Savoir Flair’s business team.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and performance of all of Savoir Flair’s social media channels.
- Monitoring and analyzing monthly performance metrics to measure effectiveness and impact of social media programs and initiatives.
- Regularly feeding insights gained from social media monitoring and competitive reviews to the Savoir Flair business and editorial teams in order to help evolve strategies.
- Monitoring trends, applications, and tools to make recommendations on best practices, products, and services that Savoir Flair should be employing.
- Responsible for attending all photoshoots and company events, as necessary, to curate and develop meaningful content to connect Savoir Flair to our social communities.
- Participating and helping guide marketing and content strategies for business planning.
- Other projects as assigned.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years experience overseeing and developing content and social for a lifestyle or fashion brand.
- Knowledge and previous work at a digital publisher is a plus.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how they contribute to the brand in the marketing, content, and business mix.
- Knowledge of online communities, bloggers, and influencers.
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate trends, opportunities, analytics, and information in written and verbal format to build and maintain relationships.
- Team player, must be able to take initiative and guide programs and work in a collaborative environment with multiple departments.
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects independently.
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence decisions.
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms to track social performance.
- Experience with curating and creating quality social media content related to lifestyle and fashion brands with proven results.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously.
- Ability behave with a good sense of decorum; acting as a brand ambassador for the company.
- Creative thinker who is simultaneously data- and metrics-oriented.
- Proficiency in using the business services of Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, Google Analytics, WordPress, bit.ly, Google+, and more.
This is a full-time salaried position based in Dubai. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send three examples of social media projects you have handled, as well as a cover letter and your résumé to email@example.com with the subject line: APPLYING FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER POSITION. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.
Culture and Lifestyle Editor
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and worldly Culture and Lifestyle Editor for our growing editorial team.
The perfect candidate would have a meticulous approach to their work, an eye for detail, as well as strong knowledge of the culture and lifestyle industry in order to maintain Savoir Flair’s position as an industry leader and pioneer. The ultimate hire would be in the know about all the latest cultural happenings in and around the region (before they happen), stay up to date with the day’s latest celebrity and pop culture news, and have an insatiable thirst to know and report everything from restaurant openings and Dubai Opera news to movie releases, music launches, art gallery openings, and so much more. This is a very exciting role that would grant you unparalleled access to a world of luxury lifestyle and culture from the Middle East.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceiving and producing fresh, timely, and exclusive content for the website and across the brand.
- Writing articles and features, preparing interview questions, and providing captions and sub copy in Savoir Flair’s familiar voice.
- Providing the creative influence and direction that the Culture category will pursue during a given month or season.
- Attending events and traveling on behalf of Savoir Flair.
- Achieving aggressive short-term and long-term goals for the growth of the Culture category.
- Producing entire story concepts and overseeing the coordination of any creative content such as photoshoots or videos, both original and sponsored.
- Securing exclusive content and interviews before any other publisher in the region.
- Researching breaking news extensively and daily.
- Regularly pitching new concepts, story ideas, or fresh features for the editorial calendar.
- Working with, providing support, and receiving support from other members of the editorial team to produce compelling content that is consistent with the look and feel of the website.
- Maintaining the publishing flow to ensure that deadlines are being met.
- Building and leveraging senior-level relationships to create strong PR and advertising partnerships.
Applicants must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized, with a love and feel for language and the ability to maintain high-quality work and provide flawless, sparkling copy while meeting tight deadlines. Organizational skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills, are a must.
This position reports directly to our Head of Content, Noor Tehini.
To apply, please send your résumé as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: APPLYING FOR CULTURE AND LIFESTYLE EDITOR POSITION. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered. No phone calls please.